Thursday, March 31, 2011

Unit 2: Relaxation exercise

http://www.kushs.net/kaplan/HW420/JourneyOn.mp3.  I used the preceding link to go to a relaxation mp3.  The guide explains the experience as an autogenic training technique.  Essentially he is teaching a person how to use the power of suggestion to train various parts of the body to become more relaxed.  He describes the muscles as similar to a sponge.  The muscles need to become saturated with blood in order to relax, like a sponge needs to become moist in order to become pliable.  This was a wonderful journey that was very relaxing.  My arms became very warm and heavy.  My breathing became very slow.  I could feel the tension melting away.  The guide explains that we can learn to have this relaxed feeling through the power of our minds with proper training.  I would recommend this training exercise for anyone seeking an easy-to-learn relaxation technique.

2 comments:

  1. Sherry,
    I agree the relaxation Mp3 was easy to follow and was a great introduction to a guided relaxation. Understanding that it is important to take the time out of our busy lives to relax is the key. We forget to have fun!
    I enjoyed your family photos, looks like everyone knows how to have some fun.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, It sounds like you had a good response to the relaxation exercise. I really liked how he used the analogy of sponges to muscules. I was able to visualize it perfectly but I did not have the same relaxation response as you did. I couldn't let my mind focus on relaxation. I just kept thinking of all the other things I need to do.

    ReplyDelete